Thac Ba Lake, Ba Be Lake, Tri An Lake, etc. are always the most interesting destinations that catch tourists’ interests. This is mainly because of their romantic beauty and majestic landscape.
1. Thac Ba Lake, Yen Bai Located about 160 kilometers from Hanoi, Thac Ba is one of three largest artificial lakes in Vietnam.
It contains over 1.300 islands different from size, together with beautiful caves. You can make a reservation on the boat sailing around this place. It must be a great experience when seeing the beauty of the sky or join some local activities.
In addition to, you should not miss the chance visiting some areas near the lake. They still maintain the unspoiled beauty and the ethnic culture.
2. Ba Be Lake, Bac Kan Located in Ba Be National Park, people consider this place as one of the largest freshwater lakes all over the world. It looks like a huge water cube located halfway up the slopes. Ba Be Lake contains three main branches, Pe Lam, Pe Lu and Pe Leng.
The most interesting experience you should not miss is sailing the boat. In addition to, you should visit some caves and see the majestic fall from the upstream.
3. Hoan Kiem Lake, Ha Noi Hoan Kiem Lake or Sword Lake is a freshwater one located inside the capital city center. This place contains a mysterious legend. Emperor Le Loi gave his sword back to the golden turtle in the fifteenth century.
In the middle of Hoan Kiem Lake, there is a small building called Turtle Stupa. Besides, you can visit Ngoc Son Temple, or other historical places like Ly Thai To Statue, The Huc Bridge, Ba Kieu Temple, etc.
4. West Lake, Hanoi
West Lake is the largest lake inside Hanoi. Apart from wandering around the lake, you can come to other historical places nearby such as Nghi Tam Lake, Nhat Tan Lake, Soc Temple honoring Saint Giong, Dong Co Temple, Quan Thanh Temple, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Tay Ho Communal House, etc.
5. To Nung Lake, Gia Lai To Nung Lake, or also called Sea Lake is about 6 kilometers far from Pleiku city to the north. It was a volcanic crater which has erupted for a very long period. There are many interesting legends about this lake’s origin. Today, locals consider To Nung Lake as a valuable gem of Pleiku. This is the destination all travelers should visit when coming to the Central Highlands.
6. Bien Lac Lake, Binh Thuan There is an old primitive forest with numerous rubber plants covering Bien Lac Lake. Therefore, many people usually give it the name “the sea inside the forest”. Coming to Bien Lac Lake, it is very interesting to sail on the boat, enjoy some special cuisines and cook all creatures you have caught.
7. Tri An Lake, Dong Nai This place contains a large amount of water providing to Tri An hydroelectric power plants. Tri An Lake has the elegant beauty of water, green plants, and some small islands. Traveling on a boat around this lake and eat local food can make you love this country more. Moreover, do not ignore the falls or Nam Cat Tien national forest in the up-stream.